In today’s highly competitive environment, a successful business model requires tight integration between strategy and the financial management. It is the responsibility of the CFO to play a crucial role in aligning strategy with the corporate financial goals while working closely with the CEO and creatively design opportunities for profitable growth in the future.
As CFO, you are expected to identify and initiate profitable business ventures, lead mergers and acquisitions, create alliances, and formulate profitable growth strategies. You need to achieve a deeper understanding of strategy, and develop skills and confidence to communicate your financial knowledge and vision to other business leaders.
CFO: Becoming a Strategic Partner, a specially designed program for CFOs offers a framework and methodologies to help you actively contribute in the strategy formulation and value creation process of your business.
Through practical examples from the local environment, international case studies and several personal and group exercises you will sharpen your understanding and build expertise of multiple disciplines as well as how the overall business model works in a strategic framework to create value.
- Understand what strategy is and what is not and how does it relate to financial management.
- Develop a deeper understanding of the value creation process of your overall business model.
- Learn the techniques how to carry out a detailed strategic analysis of your business.
- Learn how to align financial objectives with the strategic vision, mission and core values.
- Translate your company’s vision, mission and strategy into a meaningful set of performance measures, goals and targets.
- Learn how to measure customer value and employee value.
- Examine the limitations of the traditional financial system and explore alternative approaches to measure and monitor value.
- Learn how to benefit from Balanced Scorecard approach even without a formal implementation.
- Develop more influence with the Corporate Board, CEO and other Members of the Executive team.
- Build network and relationship with CFOs participating from other companies in an intimate close learning environment.
- Develop a fresh perspective how you approach the role of a CFO.
- Program Overview and Intro.
- Lessons from World’s Most Admired Companies
- The New Business Model of 21st Century
- Why Do Most Companies Fail to Implement Strategy
- Strategy in a nutshell: Your Purpose and Value Gap
- Creating a Burning Platform – Your Case for Change
- Building the Strategy Map for Your Own Organization
- Case Study: Control in a High Growth Environment
- From Managing Financials to Managing Value
- Understanding Value Creation Cycle of Your Business
- Driving Performance Through Balanced Scorecard
- Translating Your Strategy Through Strategy Map
- Beyond Shareholders Value: Measuring Customer Value and Employee Value
- Developing a Measurement Culture Through KPIs
- Case Study: Using Measures to Improve Performance
- Evolving Role of CFO and Finance
- Partnering with the CEO
- CFO Leadership Competency Model
- Thinking Strategically
- Establishing Your Personal Brand
- Leading People through Emotional Intelligence
- Putting it all together