THE CFO: Becoming a Strategic Partner
CFO Challenge Today
In today’s highly competitive environment, a successful business model requires tight integration between strategy and the financial management. It is the responsibility of the CFO to play a crucial role in aligning strategy with the corporate financial goals while working closely with the CEO and creatively design opportunities for profitable growth in the future.
As CFO, you are expected to identify and initiate profitable business ventures, lead mergers and acquisitions, create alliances, and formulate profitable growth strategies. You need to achieve a deeper understanding of strategy, and develop skills and confidence to communicate your financial knowledge and vision to other business leaders.
Becoming a Strategic Partner
The CFO: Becoming a Strategic Partner, a specially designed program for CFOs offers a framework and methodologies to help you actively contribute in the strategy formulation and value creation process of your business.
Through practical examples from the local environment, international case studies and several personal and group exercises you will sharpen your understanding and build expertise of multiple disciplines as well as how the overall business model works in a strategic framework to create value.
- Understand what strategy is and what is not and how does it relate to financial management.
- Develop a deeper understanding of the value creation process of your overall business model.
- Learn the techniques how to carry out a detailed strategic analysis of your business.
- Learn how to align financial objectives with the strategic vision, mission and core values.
- Translate your company’s vision, mission and strategy into a meaningful set of performance measures, goals and targets.
- Learn how to measure customer value and employee value.
- Examine the limitations of the traditional financial system and explore alternative approaches to measure and monitor value.
- Learn how to benefit from Balanced Scorecard approach even without a formal implementation.
- Develop more influence with the Corporate Board, CEO and other Members of the Executive team.
- Build network and relationship with CFOs participating from other companies in an intimate close learning environment.
- Develop a fresh perspective how you approach the role of a CFO.
Integrating Finance and Strategy
- Program Overview and Intro.
- What Did We Learn from the Global Financial Crises?
- The New Business Model of 21st Century
- Why Do Most Companies Fail to Implement Strategy
- Strategy in a nutshell: Your Purpose and Value Gap
- Creating a Burning Platform – Your Case for Change
- Translating Your Strategy Through Strategy Map
- Building the Strategy Map for Your Own Organization
- Case Study: Control in a High Growth Environment
Enterprise Performance Management
- Lessons from World’s Most Admired Companies
- From Managing Financials to Managing Value
- Driving Performance Through Balanced Scorecard
- Beyond Shareholders Value: Measuring Customer Value and Employee Value
- Developing a Measurement Culture Through KPIs
- Linking Your Initiatives to Your Strategy, and not the other way round
- Case Study: Using Measures to Improve Performance
CFO Strategic Leadership
- Evolving Role of CFO and Finance
- Partnering with the CEO
- Thinking Strategically
- Establishing Your Personal Brand
- Presentation Skills: Your Weapon of Mass Influence
- Leading People through Emotional Intelligence
- Networking and Relationship
- Putting it all together
Global Strategic CFO
A CFO Leadership Expert
Founder & Head of MECA CFO Academy
Saleem Sufi has been a CFO level Strategy and Balanced Scorecard practitioner for more than 18 years working for top world class Fortune 500 and Private Equity owned companies in Asia Pacific, Middle East, Europe and United States.
During his initial career with Philips, he led several strategic initiatives in Singapore, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia and Thailand. Later he moved to United States and served some of the best Fortune 500 and Private Equity companies as Vice President and CFO. Lately, he has been the CFO and Head of Strategy with a large multibillion industrial group in Middle East and a global manufacturing company in based in New York.
As an experienced speaker, corporate trainer and executive coach, Saleem has conducted numerous executive level workshops and seminars at international locations including Tokyo, Singapore, Shanghai, Mumbai, Riyadh, Dubai and New York.
Saleem is an MBA with major in Strategy and Finance and a Fellow member of the Institute of Cost & Management Accountants. He has attended Harvard Business School a number of times for Executive Education where he has been trained and coached by world renowned Professors Dr. Robert Kaplan and Dr. Robert Simons on the latest practices in Strategy and Balanced Scorecard.
Saleem regularly writes a blog with a focus on ‘CFO Leadership’. His mission is to help Finance professionals grow in their career and leadership roles. His blog topics cover the subjects of Strategy, Leadership, Finance Career, and Work-Life Integration.
He has also authored “25 Essential Marketing Metrics” a book published by the Institute of Business Strategy in United States.
Partner and Lead Trainer
a Leading Global Strategy Firm
Roberto Wyszkowskiis an experienced practitioner and lead trainer in the field of Strategy Execution, Strategic Planning and Performance Management.
Since 1997, Roberto has developed his professional career and served as consultant and trainer (internal as well as external) at many large organizations, focusing on strategy planning and execution, change management, and corporate performance management.
He has brought his methodological to projects across a wide range of sectors and to an equally wide range of management cultures throughout nearly a dozen countries. During the past several years, Roberto has expanded his international portfolio considerably, managing major projects throughout a wide range of management cultures (in the GCC, UK, Germany, Luxemburg, Switzerland, Sweden, Venezuela, the U.S., Spain and the Middle East).
Roberto has trained and coached hundreds of managers both for profit and non- profit organizations. Currently, he is leading implementation of strategy execution frameworks for both Private and Government organizations in the GCC.
Before founding ShiftIN, Roberto worked at Palladium Group, Hitachi, Swissrisk, BearingPoint, and Arthur Andersen, consulting to clients on business management, process improvement, and information systems. Roberto is a chemical engineer with an M.S. in Environmentally Sustainable Process Technology from Chalmers University (Sweden). He did postgraduate studies in finance and statistics at Northwestern University (Chicago, USA).
For More Info Contact:
THE CFO: Becoming a Strategic Partner
14 – 16 March, 2015
Dusit Thani Hotel, Sh. Zayed Road, Dubai
Mian Ahmad Farhan, FCA
MECA CFO Academy
Office Ph: +971 4 3881701-02
Cell: +971 55 2100668
Qazi Waqas Ahmed
Manager Corporate Training
Office Ph: +971 4 437 0704
Cell: +971 56 309 0819
US$ 1,990 for the three-day
workshop including lunch, coffee
breaks and course material.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This advanced level leadership
development program is designed for
CFOs and other senior finance executives
who are part of the senior leadership
team. CFOs, VPs, GMs, Directors, Partners
and senior Controllers are eligible to